Here is a quick sample to use Asp.Net GridView without any coding.
I have used VS2010 ,.Net framework 4.0.
1. Start your VS ans create new Asp.net web site project. This will create a default application template
2. Right click on the website and select “Add New Items”. Add ADO.Net Data Entity.
folow the wizard as shown in the screens below .
This will connect to your database (in my case Northwind sample database . This can be download from here)
Note : See the option to automatically generate operation for CRUD operation.
4. Now go to VS tool bod and drag and drop a gridview control on the page. and cnfigure it as shown in the below screen shots
5. Hit F5 and thats it . You see Grid as shown below .
6. Paging and sorting is also integrated .
Please click here to download the code for this small application. Please change the connection string to your databse in web.config to run this sample.