I have been studying F# lately and more I read more i fall for functional programming languages.
I have also developing a REST service over last few weeks using Service Stack framework for restfull services in C#.
To play around with F# i have decided to migrate my same service from C# to F# with ServiceStack itself .
Below 3 new things for me to explore at same time
- — Differences between F#2.0 and F# 3.0
- — first hand functional programming experience
- — F# with Service Stack ( console hosting)
Below are are the outcomes of my migration:
- Clear code
- Less code about 60% less code
- No hit and trial , code worked in first compilation
- Faster development time (over 50% gain)
I will explore more and hopefully i choose this as main programming language for my upcoming Large size project.
Resources for F#