- You must have Azure Powershell installed.
- Windows Azure : Set up power-shell for Azure
- Valid azure account
- Open Powershell Azure program
- On the right hand side “Commands window” select “Azure”
- Execute command ” Get-AzureAccount” on powershell window. This will show no output.
- Import certificate to connect to windows azure account from powershell. Using certificate based approach , you do not have to enter your credential on each powershell session.
- Execute a command “Get-AzurePublishSettingsFile”. This command will open browser and “*datestamp*.pubsettings” file will be downloaded.
- Execute command “Import-AzurePublishSettingsFile <your downloaded file path”
- Execute command ” Get-AzureAccount” on powershell window. This will now show you account information.