1. Go to command Line (HOW)
2. Add new repository to Ubuntu (HOW)
3.Get the updates now and run the Install command as follows
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
4. this will install java sdk
5. after successful installation, Configuration screen will be popped up
6. Check if everything is ok
Ubuntu has a great collection for software . To get the required software/application user can connect to the internet and can add/install software directly from this location.
How to do it ?
1. Go to command line –Terminal
If you do not know how to do that than please see my Post :
2. You must run this command under ROOT
command ‘sudo’ will allow you to run a command under root.
command ‘add-apt-repository’ is to add new repository
sudo add-apt-repository “YOUR REPOSITORY URL”
Not you need to supply your password to proceed.